Monday, March 14

Victorian Living Room / Mood Board



Since moving into our new home back in December, we have been researching Victorian interior design as our home was built in the mid-1800's. When we bought the home, the previous owner had decorated it in a mis-matched fashion, not in-keeping with the house's design and age. We have therefore since made it our mission to redecorate the whole of our home and give it the Victorian spark it once had. Pinterest has been a fantastic app to use, with lots of Victorian interior design ideas for Ben and myself to be inspired by and ponder over.

We eventually want to extend our home and turn it into our family home, a place where we want to have our children and make memories. For now, however, we are starting the renovations with our living room. The living room is a place where I love to relax in after a busy day teaching and watch House of Cards or Sex and the City boxsets. I will post a before and after article here once the renovations are done. But for now, these ideas and colours on my mood board are acting as my Victorian interior go-to inspiration.

I would love it if you had any suggestions with the interior of a living room! Leave any suggestions in the comment boxes below.

7 comments:

  1. Those green hues are lovely. And that chandelier is gorgeous!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am really into green interiors at the minute! It's a classic colour.
      xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I hope you have a lovely week as well :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. love the interior design this is great x
    wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo