Wednesday, March 30

Snapshot #5





Given that it's been a long Easter bank holiday weekend and I am now off work for a week on my Easter break, I have been busier than ever. Our home is undergoing serious renovations in both the living room and kitchen. In my previous Snapshot #4 article I mentioned that we were getting an AGA fitted. The electrician has done all of the electrical work, fitting lots of thick looking cables and making a lot of mess in the kitchen. However we are still without our AGA as we need to fit the slate that the AGA will sit on before it gets connected to the wire. That means that we have been without cooking facilities for over a week, which has left Ben and I resorting to lots of take-out meals. Pro of this being: we don't need to cook in the dust of the kitchen. Con of this being: eating far too much unhealthy food. I am really missing cooking as I find it extremely therapeutic. I have to say though, I cannot wait for the AGA to finally be fitted as then I can return to being a domestic goddess.

As well as the kitchen being upside-down, Ben and I spent the whole weekend laying, sanding and sweeping the reclaimed pine floorboards in our living room (documented on Instagram). I am so excited with the renovation so far and am starting to be able to picture what our living room will look like when it's all done. My previous post on Victorian living rooms is serving as my inspiration go-to.

This week I am smiling because...

1. I received an invitation to my best friend's wedding. 

2. Designing the gallery wall in the living room and looking for inspiration on Etsy and Pinterest.

3. Grabbing a take-out coffee and editing photos for endless hours.

4. Binge watching Orange is the New Black and being fixated. I am yet to get Ben to watch it!

5. Tending to my newly planted flowers. I am hoping the English lavender and white rose bush start to bloom.

10 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. Yay for getting the invite to the wedding. That is super exciting :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting! I can't wait to see her walking down the aisle.
      xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely pic dear! Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Have a fabulous day!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a really great week! I kind of love renovations and having my place turned upside down. That tea cup is so wonderful!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very true! It is exciting to be doing all of this work on the house. I just can't wait till it's all completed and I am no longer living in dust!
      xo

      Delete
  4. A week of take out food always sounds so luxurious until it becomes a reality doesn't it, haha. Here's hoping you get your aga in soon!

    Charlotte x
    Fox Socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! Reality hits and I am now (shock horror) sick of take out food! The AGA is getting fitted this evening so I will be back to baking healthy meals in no time.
      xo

      Delete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo