Wednesday, March 23

Snapshot #4


This past week has been a real eye-opener for me. I am increasingly learning how to develop a healthy work-life balance. Being a primary teacher, as well as working towards my qualification, is a very demanding job. Even though school finishes at 3:15, there are still 101+ things that need to be done in preparation for the next day. I am steadily learning the importance of prioritising my workload and realising that sometimes I am best being honest with people and saying 'no' rather than increasing my workload to appease others. I think the whole topic of a healthy work-life balance is really important to discuss in greater detail and I want to share more of my thoughts on this constant battle in a subsequent post. 
For now, I am enjoying the following five things...
1. Pottering around my garden and tending to my newly planted flowers.
2. Finally getting our AGA fitted in the kitchen. Now I can cook proper meals and have dinner parties! Yippee.
3. I'm looking forward to the fast approaching Easter holiday where I will spend my days aimlessly walking with Harry, Ben and my Nikon.
4. Editing a video which I think you will all love! Eeeek.
5. Heading down to the local pub this Friday with my brother, Charlotte, Ben and Sam. 
Happy mid-week everybody!

8 comments:

  1. It's so true. You have to say no more than yes in order to keep yourself sane lol. Balancing work and a social life can be difficult.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! It's taken me such a long time to realise it and I think it will be a challenge to maintain this.
      xo

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what video you're working on! I hope you're having a lovely day.

    xo Thea
    www.holathea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I am looking forward to sharing it with you :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo