Friday, January 23

Health: Proactive Attitude


Recently I've been spending a lot of time with my best friend/cousin before she goes back to London to pursue her career. It's seriously been such a breath of fresh air, catching up with her and discussing our plans and dreams for 2015. We are literally telepathic and on the complete same wavelength when together - my brother calls us the two hens as we just cluck (aka talk) endlessly when we're together. Not only have I been spending quality time with her, but I have also seen a different side to Manchester. A better, brighter and more cultural side. Sometimes slogging back and forth to University in commuter mode negates the enjoyment of where I am, I shamefully forget to appreciate the vibrant city around me.

Sometimes it's so darn easy to just get into a mechanic like routine of doing the same things day in and day out. That's why it is so important to reflect on your lifestyle and question yourself as to how you can improve it and ultimately make it more enjoyable. This is exactly what Charlotte and I have been chatting about, inspiring each other to push ourselves (within reason) to do things we would usually be scared of - such as rejigging your routine to be more reflective of you and your aspirations. This can translate as the simplest thing, such as going to a new gym class on your own; where you think you will make a fool of yourself. But hey, doesn't everyone have to start somewhere?

So, with this in mind, we have developed a proactive attitude to situations we would shy away from. Charlotte was such a star, helping me to realise how I can balance work and enjoyment (previous post on blogging habits here). Yet an important aspect of developing this balance is to not be too hard on yourself and set yourself way too many ambitions.  So if you feel like you're setting yourself too many goals and being to hard on yourself; take a bath, read a book and revitalise your energy. But most importantly, enjoy every minute and strive to develop a proactive mind-set.

I thought it'd be good to start a new series concerning health, from every end of the spectrum. Because at the end of the day, our health is so important.

What are your ambitions?

1 comment:

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo