Saturday, February 8

Leek & Potato Soup


Since I work part time at a local cafe, I was inspired by the unusual and classic soups they make. As I had never made a soup before, I opted to make one of my favourites, the classic leek and potato soup. I was surprised at how easy it was to make, and how delicious it tasted! This soup must (in my opinion) be accompanied by a thick homemade granary bread in order to soak up those flavours. Perfect lunch for a snuggly day inside sheltering from the frosty weather.

Notepad (and hand blender) at the ready, tell me your go-to homemade soups.

Ingredients

1 leek, about 350g, cleaned and sliced
350 - 400g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 litre water
125ml double cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
freshly ground black pepper

Method

1) Put the leek and potatoes into a heavy-based saucepan. Add the salt and the water and bring to the boil. Simmer until soft and cooked through, about 30 - 35 minutes. Then turn off the heat and, with a hand blender, whizz until smooth.

2) Add the cream and stir it into the soup, then add the parsley and a few grinds of black pepper. Taste and adjust with seasoning, and serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo