Monday, August 5

Barcelona Bound

{Topshop Dress, M&S Bag, Ray Ban Wayferers, Nike+ Shoes, Tiffany & Pandora Jewellery}
I heart Barcelona.

During my stay in the South of France with my family, we felt particularly adventurous and headed into Barcelona for the day. I know this may sound pretty mad, but my brother was in Barcelona anyway so we only felt that it was appropriate to meet up with him ... and maybe also just a tad curious to see what the sales were like in Diagonal(!). Despite the cross-country (quite literally) trip into Barcelona, from France to Spain and back in one day, the journey was actually quite quick and enjoyable. We made sure that we stayed entertained for the 3 hour journey into Barcelona by listening to our favourite music and before we knew it we were parking up right next to the Gaudi Cathedral.

As you may already know, I was in Barcelona last year to visit Mike (previous post here), so I had already had a fair amount of site seeing. And being a Theology student, it only seemed appropriate to visit the oldest Synagogue in Barcelona. This Synagogue was truly spectacular, although small in size and no longer a working Synagogue; all of the ancient architecture had been preserved. Inside there were candles which gave it a particularly old feel. What also made this Synagogue feel especially special, was the fact that it was situated in the middle of the Jewish part of Barcelona, tucked away from all the hustle and bustle of the city - you wouldn't have thought you were in a major European city!

After our visit to the Synagogue we headed out towards the Columbus Statue and then back along Diagonal, because I really couldn't resist heading into Zara and checking out the ridiculous sales. Although we explored a lot of Barcelona in one day, I can't help but feel as though I need to revisit and do more site seeing.

9 comments:

  1. beautiful places ;) i was one years ago ;)
    klaudmen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow everything so pretty !!!!!!!!
    keep in touch
    www.articalandfashionknowledge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bautiful Barcelona I lived there :) Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: Beautiful dress. I see that you are in my country. Barcelona is a beautiful city and very cosmopolitan. Enjoy your trip. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place amazing images doll.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Kate, are you studing Theology? Very nice post! Have a nice week :)

    Kisses, Xenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Xenia,
      Yes, I am currently studying Theology :)
      Much Love,
      Kate xo

      Delete
  7. Barcelona looks like such a gorgeous place.

    kountrykouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo