Wednesday, July 3

DIY Parted Pastel Manicure


When it comes to nail polishes, with it being summer, my go-to shades are pastel tones. However, it's always fun to mix things up a bit with your nail polish styles every now and then, and I think that parted pastel manicure is such a fun and quirky way of incorporating both of your favourite summer nail polish shades. My two Essie shades I used to achieve this look is Cascade Cool and Bikini So Teeny

You will need:
Two shades of nail polish
Protective topcoat
Polish remover
Cotton rolls
Nail filer
Four-way cuticle buffer
Before you start, make sure that all of your previous nail polish is fully removed and then file and buff the nails. After this, you're ready to start.
1 Apply the first coat of one of your nail polishes, mine being Essie Cascade Cool.

2 After the first coat has dried, apply your second coat.

3 Let your nails dry until dry and then carefully apply the second nail polish you're using, mine being Essie Bikini So Teeny. I must warn you here to be especially careful when doing this as if you've not got a steady hand then it won't be a straight line.

4 To protect the nails from chipping, apply a clear polish.
And then let your nails dry and you're good to go!

23 comments:

  1. very pretty!
    enter
    if you like
    ! http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/06/persunmall-summer-style-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two shades look absolutely perfect together, love it!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for the idea!

    Sofia
    Stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. una chulada de uñas¡¡
    acabo de descubri t tu blog
    Me quedo por aqui
    y te invito a pasar por mi blog
    espero que te guste y te animes a seguirme
    Me haria mucha ilusion

    http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encanta la manicura que llevas, es ideal.Besos


    www.elenacalfer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. The colors even match each other. I do not know if I am writing understandable. Let me add your blog to "look in here often"

    To KNOWING what are you doing.

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking good:-)

    Kisses
    Ewelina
    xxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job loiks so pretty.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. świetny pomysł :) ładnie połączyłaś te dwa kolory ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey this Looks Great. Essie has Nice nail-colors

    http://glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great manicure for the summer :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So original.... <3 it!!!!
    Kisses doll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved it!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty nails, I will have to try this!
    Laura. xx

    www.stylishvue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pastels in the summer too! I'm super into mint green. I just did a two-tone pastel manicure on my blog too! Mine was split horizontally and I used lilac and mint. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soo nice manicure!!! I love specially in summertime!!
    xoxo

    Lady Trends
    http://myladytrends.blogspot.com.es/NEW POST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's such a fun idea, I need to try this summer! But you have such a steady hand, I don't know if i could do that so I might try it with tape on one side. But yeah those two colors are so fun and cute, they remind me of cotton candy! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo