Wednesday, May 15

Indulge in a Novel

{A Street Cat Named Bob}

One of the absolute pleasures of being a University student, commuting virtually everyday, embarking on an hour long train journey (both ways!) is that you can really indulge in a good novel. For a majority of my first year at University I would just listen to the same music playlist over and over again on my commute in and out of the big city. But it all changed one morning when I decided to take this sweet (untouched) Christmas treat on the train with me. From the first page I was encapsulated by the story line  I could not close the book shut, constantly wanting to go further into the story. A Street Cat Named Bob is based on a true story, almost like a diary of the adventures of a homeless busker/Big Issue worker in London who comes across Bob, the ginger homeless cat and they become the greatest friends. This book has really taught me a lot of things, it has opened my eyes to what some people live like. James Bowen, the author, explains what it is like to live rough on the streets of London, the troubles he has encountered and how he is trying to turn his life around. Everything changes when he meets Bob, they both are support systems for each other, living better lives together. However I must admit, I haven't finished reading this yet, I don't want to finish it! It really is that good. Yet I already have a long list of books I want to read on my commute into University, I love how the train journey flies by when I'm reading a fantastic book.

Have you got any books you'd recommend?

19 comments:

  1. I have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post.

    Have a great day.
    Sofia

    Stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I always love reading and reviewing different novels. Read 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green, it's so good xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation!
      Just read the blurb for the novel and it's been ordered!
      Cannot wait to indulge in this novel once I've finished A Street Cat Named Bob.
      Kate xo

      Delete
  3. I love a good book the book that i had to fight to put down was 'The Shadow of the wind'

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it sounds an interesting book.
      Definitely added to the Book Reading List!
      Thanks chick
      Kate xo

      Delete
  4. Looks and sounds like an awesome read , thanks for sharing xo

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember before I also had a book with a cat as one of the characters. It was also an inspiring book. :)

    http://meowmd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you by the way on Bloglovin. :)

      Would really appreciate your follow back. :)
      http://www.bloglovin.com/doctormeow

      Delete
  6. I will have to check out this book! I need a book for summer.

    -Vogue&Heels

    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh really interesting book!
    Sweetie now I´m follwing you in Bloglovin´too
    I hope your follow me back there

    xoxo
    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds lovely! I need to check it out. I haven't been reading except business and leadership books lately, eek. I need to change it up lol

    xo, Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds cool! I'll have to check it out!! Thanks for sharing! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiene que estar bien! besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, thanks for your lovely comment! I'm happy if we follow each other! Now I follow you via gfc, bloglovin, Instagram. Baci Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds kind of lovely, actually! I'd definitely recommend Her Fearful Symmetry, Ophelia, and The Secret Life of Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so pretty, I love pink! And you have the body of a model! It's interesting, the book you are reading while commuting. I also like commuting because of this, to tell you the truth! It's an hour all to ourselves and to read what we normally wouldn't, if we were at home doing other things - even studying. It may be old fashioned, but I totally recommend Charles Dickens - anything he wrote, but my favorite is Great Expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is on my reading list as well. On my last trip to London I discovered it in an airport shop. I used to commute to work as well but when I moved to a small town closer to my office I had to buy a car because the train services were really bad. Since then I really miss reading on my work but obviously whilst driving myself to work it's not possible anymore and I am not the audio book person. Right now I am reading Steve Job's biography and before that I read Factory Girls which I can really recommend if anybody is interested in the life of Chinese migrant workers and the industry behind it.

    ♥ Sunny ♥ von STYLESPHERE

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo