Monday, March 4

Battle of the Moisturisers


When it comes to hydration for my skin, I have to do a lot of snooping around to make sure that I buy the best product. However, this trial-and-error system can result in wasted pennies on products which have been disappointing. So I have narrowed it down to three moisturizers which I feel are in their own right worth the nomination for the winner of the moisturizer competition. Also, these three moisturizers will narrow down for the best one to invest in. So, without further a due, let the games commence!
The victorious winner is ... Johnson's Day 24 Hour Face Care with SPF 15You may have in fact already seen a review on this {here}, however I cannot stop ranting and raving about how brilliant this product is. For just over £4, nearly a tenth of the price of the Clinique moisturizer, this really is a beauty bargain! It's a practical a steal at this price as well as since I have been using this I have not had one flake of dry skin. Not only that, but it actually does last 24 hours on your skin, my skin feels silky smooth and moisturized all day long. This pot of delight comes in two versions; one for dry skin {me} and one for normal skin. I would say run down to the local drugstore to buy this before they sell out!
Coming in at second place is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. This is an expensive buy, but in my opinion, totally worth the pennies - that is if you don't mind spending £17 {50ml} or £30 {125ml} on a moisturizer! So, this moisturizer does exactly what it says, it leaves your skin feeling as soft as silk after application, leaving an extremely hydrated texture on your face. I also think that for £30 you do get a lot of product, so it is an investment. The only thing I would say is the problem with this product is the fact that {if you purchase either the pump one or screw top one} you'll have excess at the bottom which is almost impossible to reach; even if you do have long fingers!
Coming in last place is Origins Make a Difference Night moisturizer. My very close friend kindly bought this for me, recommending that I must try Origins. At first this was a brilliant moisturizer, as I really noticed my skin being a lot brighter. However, I seemed to get more dry skin and flakey bits when I used this than without! Also, at £30 I would recommend to stay away from this, only because you could buy either Johnson's for a tenth of the price or Clinique's moisturizer!

What moisturizer do you swear by?

31 comments:

  1. Johnsons any day! it's so gentle on the skin!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment sweetie, of course we can follow each other,
    i am following now :)
    *********
    HF
    http://the-hf-blog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use one moisturizer of avene (Hydrance Optimale), it was a great discovery for me!
    xoxo
    Brujaness
    Brujaness Fb

    ReplyDelete
  4. never used moisturaiser but another products

    ReplyDelete
  5. ciao,

    I use clinique dramatically .....just a classic !

    would you like to follow each other ? please leave a comment on my blog , I'll follow back

    have a nice day

    ave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear,

    clinique is excellent brand!

    new post dedicated to Tim Walker
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thannk you so much for such nice words, dear.
    SUre we can follow. I am a new follower. Follow me back, as you promised?

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD MONDAY sweet blogfriend!
    Clinique is a MUST!
    I drink for this trouble more and more green tea!


    I wait for you for a NEW SNOW POST!!

    Kisses kiss
    Federica
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never tried any one of these but now i'm using eclait du jour by clarins and it's pretty good for my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post!Thank you for your comment. I follow you through Bloglovin and GF.

    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww, great products!
    thanks for your adorable comment,
    I follow now.
    kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post makes me so happy! I use dramatically different every day, so it would be pretty sweet to switch to a cheaper alternative!

    B x

    I'd love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my giveaway!: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI!
    I use Clinique :)
    thx for ur comment, of course I follow u, hope u follow back ;)
    s

    ReplyDelete
  14. great advice! I'm a faithful user of Olay lotion, I love the way it makes my skin look and feel!

    www.stillwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and good to see a relatively cheaper on come out on top! Would you like to follow each other? I'm pretty new to n blogging so would love your support! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for your comment!
    I already follow you! I hope to see you soon on my blog as a new follower! ;)
    unacitaconcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very useful and interesting information- thank you!

    http://blogboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post!
    xx
    http://creepers-and-cats.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for such a sweet comment on my blog! Yes, I would love to follow each other!
    Following you now :) Hope you follow back and stay in touch <3
    Have a lovely day... xoxoxo
    www.bow-designs.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I´ve been using for my skin care Kiehl´s for years, and It works perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I swear on my Avene-Products, seems the are working very well, often people believes I´m younger than I´m in reality ... at least if they saw me on a picture ;)

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kate! Love this post of yours! Very useful for me,as have not found a perfect product for my skin yet - gonna try these for sure!
    Have a good day,
    Xo Ann from
    http://somethingsworthtrying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. i've never seen facial moisturizers by Johnson, how cool! and don't forget to earn daily entries in my GIVEAWAY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. yes, follow each other.i follow yuo now in yuor social.come back to my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE IT! :) nice blog you have <3 following each other?

    VISIT LA STYLE MUSE PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't realise that Johnson had facial moisturisers! I will have to give this a go - it seems lovely! I don't really have a good nigh moisturiser that I'm diligent with but I love invisible Zinc during the day! :)

    Thank you for your sweet comment!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice products!! thanks for your comment.
    I'm following you.
    kisses

    http://lestyledelapetiteblonde.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank you for you following,
    I followed also on bloglovin.. hope follow me back
    do you have instagram? we can follow each other!! ;D

    http://inspiredbyfashionlook.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think you are one of the prettiest bloggers I've seen :)

    Please follow me : Nymphashion

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous little blog you have here! I loved reading about your fashion vision! I would love it if we followed each other via bloglovin, Twitter and Facebook- wouldn't you?

    Love,
    The Blonde Silhouette
    www.theblondesilhouette.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  31. You heve a gorgeous blog!!
    Nice products!!
    Thanks for your comment me.

    I'm following you on GFC and bloglovin too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo