Tuesday, February 19

Millionaire Shortbread

{Mm delicious - all the different layers}
B and I decided to make Millionaire Shortbread as he absolutely loves them so we thought we'd give it a go. They are actually relatively easy to make, cooking the caramel is probably the hardest part; but this recipe allows for you to spend time on each of the three sections of this divine treat.
 
Ingredients:
- Shortbread:
   -250g plain flour
   -75g caster sugar
   -175g butter (softened)
- Caramel:
   -100g butter/margarine
   -100g dark brown sugar/muscavado sugar
   -2 x 397g cans of condensed milk
-Chocolate Topping:
   -200g plain/dark chocolate, broken into pieces.
 
Shortbread:
Mix the flour and caster sugar in a bowl.
Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough, then press into the base of the prepared tin.
Prick the shortbread lightly with a fork and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly browned.
Cool in the tin.
 
Caramel:
Measure the butter, sugar and condensed milk into a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently, stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
 
Chocolate Topping:
Melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
Pour over the cold caramel and leave to set.
Cut into squares or bars.
 
Millionaire Shortbread:
{Three different textures make a scrumptious combination.}
{Perfect to serve when you're having friends over.}

16 comments:

  1. This looks super-yummy! <3

    I'm following you back, girl - hope to see you soon! :)

    Xx, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      Yes of course, I will be updated on your blog!
      Kate xo

      Delete
  2. yummie!! It must be delicious!! Good appetit!! Thanks to be passed on my blog! This morning i have posted one of the mine fashion icon...if you want to discover a new look pass to me!!See you later!( excuse my English!) Federica from Rome
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious - I would definitely recommend baking them yourself!
      It's a pleasure to be following your blog, I will check it out!
      Kate xo

      Delete
  3. Delicious!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I'll definitely check out your blog!
      Kate xo

      Delete
  4. looks delicious ;))

    http://charmeusee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy:)

    http://www.lenas-world.com/2013/02/she-inside-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'd recommend cooking it!
      Kate xo

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for your comment!
    I follow you by Bloglovin now! want us to follow each other with GFC? let me know...
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay!
      Thank you very much too :)
      Kate xo

      Delete
    2. I absolutely love this. But I've never tried a home-made one. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm definitely going to try it soon ;)

      Would you like to follow each other?
      http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    3. Definitely worth cooking up!
      It's fine, I'm happy you're going to make it :)
      I'll definitely check your blog out,
      Kate xo

      Delete
  7. Kate, the cake looks so great! I am not a big fan of cooking but I am gonna make this cake myself on the weekend!))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!
      This Millionaire Shortbread is delicious, you will seriously be tempted to eat the whole cake! Haha :)
      Tell me how it goes sweetie,
      Kate xo

      Delete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo