Wednesday, January 9

The Battle of the Mascaras

Ever since I started using make up I have tried numerous mascaras, in search of purchasing the perfect one.
Personally, mascara is my go-to for when I put make up on and most of the time I only wear mascara. I don't generally wear a lot of make up as I don't really see the point in covering your face up with multiple products. Thus mascara is my saviour. 
I think that applying a dash of mascara really makes you look more put together and wide awake.
Mascara seems to last for a long duration of time so I see that there is no harm in buying an expensive mascara if it'll last and does a proper job.
{The nominees for winner of the best mascara:
These three mascaras (above) are perfect if you want a natural lash, which looks longer, without look fake. I do not know where I'd be without my Maxfactor mascaras as they give you a darker lash which looks 100% natural and they are very reasonably priced. The same can be said of the Benefit mascara, yet this one has a higher price tag and is very difficult to remove (which I consider a huge negative) as no matter how much you try to erase it, you will have panda eyes in the morning!
The Maxfactor Eye Brightening mascara is probably my favourite out of the three as the particles in the mascara reflect the light to make you eyes look bigger and brighter. There are three different colours available for this mascara, as the mascara's colour is altered slightly to complement your eye colour.
However, if you're looking for a mascara which offers you bold, voluminous lashes, look no further than BADgal Lash and Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme. There is a slight different in the price tag, but only by a few pounds. I would recommend to apply either of these mascaras for a night out, as everyday use of these may make your eyes look a bit overbearing and fake.
{And the winners are: Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme for the more bold eyelash lovers and Maxfactor's Eye Brightening mascara for those who want to have a natural look.}
(the two Benefit mascaras are sample sizes, the ones sold in store at full price are much larger.)
 
What's your favourite mascara?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for this post! I am needing to buy a new mascara so this was very helpful.
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to know I've helped!
      It's so hard trying to choose the right mascara!
      Kate xo

      Delete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo